Now’s your chance to be published!
We are very excited to announce that we are going to start our own magazine here at Breed, aptly named Breed Magazine! I have had a little bit of experience in running a magazine over the past year with my own rock and roll debacle, Alice Magazine. After brainstorming with Breed’s CEO, Scott Cabaniss, we felt that the time has finally arrived for us to put out our own print publication and showcase our many talented photographers! We are constantly trying to figure out ways to get our members work seen and what better way than to have it published in a print magazine! There are a few rules, please read below for the submission guidelines. But here’s the overall details….The first issue will be released June 1st with a launch party in NYC! The magazine will be available online and in print as well! We will use a heavy cover stock for the cover and the dimensions for the print magazine are 8.75 X 12. We are looking for black & white AND color fashion AND beauty stories. Our first issue’s theme is Summer! The good news is that Breed members can submit as many times as you like! That’s right, submit as many stories as you want as long as they fit our guidelines.
Here are the submission guidelines:
- The Magazine’s first theme is Summer! Please ensure you submit stories with this theme and make sure clothing is available in the stores this coming June 1st.
- The deadline for submissions is April 30th so start planning your shoots or looking through your recent work that would be a good fit for Breed Magazine.
- All entries must be exclusive content. This means that the images have not been published in another magazine.
- You must have a minimum of 6 looks. You can submit 6 to 16 images for consideration for an editorial.
- Please send low-res jpegs or a low resolution PDF of the entire series. If we are interested in seeing more, we will contact you to send high res jpegs, crew and clothing credits.
- Please do not have any “stylists own” in your clothing credits. We want to know the labels on everything, including make up brands if you are submitting a beauty story.
- At this time we are not accepting proposals or pull letters. We are only interested in content that has been previously photographed or a story that you come up with specifically for Breed Magazine.
- We are accepting both womenswear and menswear stories.
- If your story is accepted, we will send you a standard release form that you must sign in order for us to publish your work. The form basically states that you are the owner of the photographs being published and agree to Breed Magazine to have us publish your story.
- All editorials must have different looks. If you send us a story with one or two looks throughout the entire series it will not be accepted.
- Editorials are accepted based on the quality of images so please keep that in mind.
If you have any further questions, please comment below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Members can submit here. ($25 fee per submission)
The magazine will be available both online & in print. Breed members will receive an invitation to the magazine launch party in NYC. More details to follow.