That’s where hiring a private mentor can reap many rewards in taking your work and your career to a significantly higher place. The first time I picked up a camera with the intention of taking a fashion photograph was September 1980. Since then, I have pursued fashion photography as a art form and a career non-stop. I have worked and lived all over the world, shooting for companies like Nike and NBC Television, Ralph Lauren and Harper’s Bazaar. I know about having to change direction in my own unique style to go after the kind of clients I wanted to work for. I also know about having to move to other cities where the appropriate markets were in order to work. Hiring me ensures that you get someone who is not only passionate about fashion photography but also who has worked at the highest level in the industry and has made a success out of my journey. In the 30+ years that I have been working as a fashion photographer, the journey has taken many paths. Some have been highly rewarding but sometimes there have been times where I have hit a wall and needed insight and instruction to take my work to a higher level. I have worked with consultants and advisors myself over the years because I have needed that extra push from someone who has the eye and the insight to look at my work and make strong suggestions on what I needed to do.
What services I offer:
- – Portfolio Review & Assessment ( Introduction 1/2 hour consultation)
- – Editing and working the flow of your website, portfolio or PDF presentation
- – Help you find the right graphic designers and web designers to help create your unique, individual brand
- – Help develop your work by collaborating on your concepts for shoots
- – Private one-on-one in studio lighting tutorials in the studio or on location working with available light
- – Produce your dream shoots for you by working with my own resource of top level hair stylists, make up artists and wardrobe stylists
- – Help facilitate your casting from my large network of modeling agencies
- – Editing your work from the shoot to find the right images that work for your story
- – Help with submitting your work to magazines
It all starts with a consultation to discuss your goals and find your works strengths and weaknesses. I send you a questionnaire to be filled out before we get on the phone so I can find out exactly where you are now and where you want to be!
I am available to work with you via the phone, Skype or in person in NYC.
The private mentorship can be as simple as a 1/2 hour phone consultation all the way to monthly, 3 month commitment exclusive private mentorship program. Whatever your needs are, I can help facilitate them.
I know how hard it is to gain access to the world of fashion photography and my sole intention in starting companies like The Fashion Photography Blog and Breed Networks was to remove the veil of secrecy and expose the layers of opportunities that exist but seem to still be hard to access. I have had a great journey as a fashion photographer and would like to share that with all of you! Contact us for a list of rates or questions. I can streamline a private mentorship to fit your needs. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to get started.
Join me and let’s make your dream career come true! Get Started with a Portfolio Review now!